Safepoint has filed to withdraw its initial public offering plans in the U.S., the Florida insurer said on Wednesday.
The withdrawal comes even as the IPO market has picked up pace after a brief lull in March, with companies across sectors moving ahead with listings.
The Tampa, Florida-based Safepoint launched its IPO last month and was expected to go public earlier this month. It was aiming to raise up to $283.3 million by offering 16.7 million shares priced between $15 and $17 apiece.
“We believe the withdrawal has nothing to do with the overall excellent state of the IPO market, but points to company-specific factors,” IPOX CEO Josef Schuster told Reuters.
Florida, which used to be a difficult region for U.S. property insurers due to high litigation and exposure to natural disasters, has become more receptive following a series of reforms in 2022.
The reforms have reduced the frequency of litigation, drawing new entrants to the market.
Florida-based companies American Integrity Insurance, Slide Insurance and Exzeo Group went public in New York in 2025.
(Reporting by Pragyan Kalita in Bengaluru; Editing by Sahal Muhammed and Anil D’Silva)



Judge Approves $106M Settlement Over Deadly 2019 New Orleans Hard Rock Hotel Collapse
Can Reinsurers Maintain Underwriting Discipline or Will ‘Irrational’ Competition Return?
The Top 3 Ways to Use AI Responsibly in Customer Communications
Anti-Social Driving Crackdown in London Leads to $10M in Seized Sports Cars