Executives of property/casualty insurance companies are not always eager to share their ideas. Words ranging from “proprietary” to “secret sauce” are usually spoken as their representatives politely decline requests to reveal what their companies are up to.
But when we reached out to two-dozen industry leaders, 16 took the time to share their thoughts on what we consider to be this year’s hot topic in P/C insurance: innovation.
How does your company support innovation? What have your efforts created? And what stands in your way?
Those are just a few of the questions that these leaders—11 carrier representatives (including seven carrier chief executives) and five providers or P/C insurance services (brokerage, modeling and consulting)—fielded as they described strategy games, an Innovation Garage, an analysis of the human brain and just plain “safe environments” in which to cultivate new ideas.
Pictured below are the 16 leaders who answered one or all of our 11 questions.
Click on the each executive to reveal their responses.
Alternatively, you can click on any of the questions below to view all the responses from leaders answered a given question.
- Q1: The greatest innovation in the P/C insurance industry
- Q2: Describe the greatest innovation at your company
- Q3: Innovation or innovator outside the insurance industry
- Q4: How your company encourages innovation
- Q5: The biggest obstacle to innovation within the insurance industry?
- Q6: The next innovation to impact the P/C insurance industry
- Q7: Your role in leading innovation.
- Q8: Best book you have read about innovation
- Q9: Describe a failed initiative at your company
- Q10: Collaborating with market competitors
- Q11: Can P/C insurers disrupt other industries?