The Hanover Insurance Group Inc. has significantly enhanced its business owner’s policy (BOP) base form and product offerings, adding coverages and endorsements, introducing equipment breakdown protection, and increasing limits to help independent insurance agents better serve their small business clients.
Worcester, Mass-based The Hanover said it has added more than 10 new coverages to its BOP base form to reduce the need for multiple endorsements and offer more comprehensive protection. In addition, the company increased limits for more than 30 other coverages and added new optional endorsements, offering coverage for things such as emergency event management and rebuilding expenses following a disaster.
Some of the additions included in the company’s base form include:
- Damage to items in storage units or detached trailers.
- Loss of money and securities caused by the fraudulent use of a computer or instruction directing a financial institution to debit an account.
- Damage as a result of a specified cause of loss, other than fire or lightning.
- Damage to paved surfaces.
- Loss or damage caused by tenants to a rented building.
- Loss or damage of a landlord’s personal property in a rented building.
- Theft of telephone services, telephone credit cards or telephone access cards.
- Damage to underground pipes, flues and drains.
These enhancements are now available for The Hanover’s agent partners on policies with effective dates on or after Oct. 15.
Source: The Hanover Insurance Group