The parade of executives at Fireman’s Fund includes the following names and faces in the last decade:
Charles (Chuck) Kavitsky became CEO and president in May 2004, replacing Jeff Post.
• Post had been CEO since 2001 and left for personal reasons. Kavitsky left his post as president of Allianz Life to take the reins from Post.
• Post went on to lead CUNA Mutual in January 2005, retiring from the position in November 2013.
Joseph Beneducci became Fireman’s Fund CEO on Jan. 1, 2007, after having served as president and chief operating officer. Kavitsky moved up to become president of Allianz of America, overseeing both Fireman’s Fund and a North American life insurance company.
• Beneducci resigned just six months later on June 11, 2007; Kavitsky stepped back in as interim CEO.
• In 2009, Beneducci founded ProSight Specialty Insurance Co., where he still serves as chairman, president and CEO.
Michael LaRocco became CEO and president on March 17, 2008, reporting to Kavitsky in his role as CEO of Allianz of America. LaRocco joined Fireman’s Fund from SAFECO, where he had been president and CEO.
• LaRocco resigned in July 2011 to pursue of other professional opportunities.
• Until July of this year, LaRocco was president and CEO of AssureStart, a Seattle-based technology startup selling general liability and property insurance to small businesses on the Internet. He left in early July for family reasons.
Lori Dickerson Fouché replaced LaRocco in July 2011, accepting a promotion from her prior position as president of Commercial Insurance.
- Fouché left Fireman’s Fund in June 2013, heading to the East Coast to be closer to her family and to join Prudential Financial as president and chief operating officer of Prudential’s Group Insurance business.
Andrew Torrance was named president and CEO on June 17, 2013, replacing Fouché. Torrance had been serving as CEO of Allianz UK prior to that.