NetVU has named Debbie Miner as its newest chairman of the board.
Miner began her career in 1972 as a receptionist and claims clerk for Bundy-McNear Insurance before moving to Henriott Group Inc., where she currently serves as technical services manager and bond specialist. She is actively involved in the NetVU Midwest Users’ Group and is a member of the Accounting, Industry Relations and BenefitPoint Virtual Chapters. Over the years Miner has provided seminars for NetVU on the local, regional and national level.
NetVu has also named three new members to the executive committee:
- Keith Savino is partner and COO of WRG in Warwick, N.Y. Savino is now chairman-elect. Savino served on the ACORD board and executive committee, is president of the PIANJ, past president of AIMS (2000-2002) and is the current director of the AUGIE leaders council. He has been involved in ACT, AAMGA and NAPSLO and is also past president of the Ebix Delphi User Group.
- Barb Dale, P/C operations manager at SilverStone Group in Omaha, Neb., has been in the insurance industry for more than 30 years, specializing in property/casualty insurance risk management. Dale has served on various NetVU committees, including WorkSmart R&D and Education, and received the Chapter MVP Award. She is involved with several insurance industry organizations, including the Independent Insurance Agents of Omaha and Nebraska and the Omaha Chapter of CPCU. In 1998, Dale was awarded “Insurance Woman of the Year” from the Insurance Women of Omaha, and she received the H.H. Nelson award for “Excellence in Customer Service” in 2006.
- Steve Aronson, president and CEO of Aronson Insurance, has been an agency technology leader and advocate for more than 25 years. He has held committee and leadership positions with many users groups, including AMSUG/NetVU, AUGIE and IIABA’s ACT committee. Aronson has been an instructor for many industry programs, including CIC, ACORD’s Power of Change as well as industry conference classes and panels.
Three new members were also added to the board of directors:
- Brent Rineck, CIO of ABD Insurance, began his career in 1985 in product development at Northwestern Mutual in Milwaukee. He held development, analyst and coordinator roles in the information systems department for eight years before moving to individual product marketing as a senior sales specialist. Rineck then led product management for life, annuity and health products at InsWeb before starting with BenefitPoint as director of product management in 2000 and later as vice president in both product and account management functions after the company’s 2006 acquisition by Vertafore.
- Grant Shepard began his insurance career in 2007 as an underwriter with Liberty Mutual. In 2010, he joined up with Holmes Murphy and Associates as a producer to help grow the Dallas office. Shepard is a member of the NetVU Advisory Council, CPCU Agent and Broker Interest Group, and is a frequent speaker at industry events, including the 2013 CPCU National Conference in New Orleans.
- Joyce Sigler is vice president, training and automation administrator for the Jones-Wenner Insurance Agency in Ohio. Sigler helped develop the AMS360 curriculum for the 2014 NetVU Conference and is the lead instructor and curriculum developer for NetVU’s AMS360 certification programs.