How has the pandemic changed you personally? As a leader?
How will it change your company?
How should the industry plan to respond to future pandemics?
Carrier Management asked carrier, reinsurance and InsurTech leaders to tell us how they’ve changed and what’s ahead. More than a dozen provided answers, writing their thoughts down in late May before businesses started to reopen. Below, we capture a quote from the personal accounts written by eight of the executives. (Related article: See “Leading When The World Restarts: InsurTech Executive Views” for summary quotes from the remaining executives.)
Tony Kuczinski, Munich Re US Holding
Bob O’Leary, Philadelphia Insurance
Dan Malloy, Third Point Re
Matt Mosher, AM Best
Scott Gunter, AXA XL
Phil Kalin, Pinnacol Assurance
Mitch Livingston, NJM
Craig Welsh, Westfield
Read more of what they had to say in the individual articles they wrote for Carrier Management, listed below:
- Situational, Authentic Leadership Needed for Crisis and Beyond by Tony Kuczinski, Munich Re US Holding
- Flexibility and Patience Helping Insurance Leader Through COVID Challenges by Bob O’Leary, Philadelphia Insurance Companies
- Walls Between Life and Work Come Down by Dan Malloy, Third Point Re
- How AM Best’s Workforce Stays Productive, Maintains a Sense of Belonging by Matt Mosher, AM Best
- My First Days of Leadership—During a Global Pandemic by Scott Gunter, AXA XL
- Creating Certainty: Now and in the Future by Phil Kalin, Pinnacol Assurance
- Leading Through a Storm With No Clear End by Mitch Livingston, NJM
- ‘Casual Collisions’ and ‘Sharper Focus’ by Craig Welsh, Westfield