AXIS Re appointed a new head of AXIS Re’s Reinsurance Products division. Coalition has appointed five new production underwriters to help grow and serve the company’s middle market relationships.
Katie Partington Howarth is the new chief underwriting officer and Head of the Reinsurance Products division for AXIS Re, the reinsurance business segment of AXIS Capital Holdings Ltd.
In her new position, Partington Howarth will be responsible for the global underwriting approach and portfolio management for all lines of business across AXIS Re. Based in Bermuda, she will be a member of the Reinsurance Leadership Team, reporting to AXIS Re CEO Steve Arora.
Partington Howarth joins AXIS with 20 years of experience in reinsurance and insurance. Most recently she was Group Head of Ceded Reinsurance at Argo, responsible for strategy and implementation of the company’s treaty reinsurance and retrocessional purchases worldwide. Before that, she was Head of Underwriting Risk for Ariel Re, having served in a succession of senior roles at the company since its formation in 2005. Partington Howarth joined Ariel Re from Benfield Ltd., where she spent four years as a catastrophe risk analyst and broker. She began her reinsurance career at E.W. Blanch in London.
Coalition has appointed five new production underwriters to help grow and serve the company’s middle market relationships.
New Coalition production underwriting team members include:
- Andrew Cross, based in San Francisco, joined Coalition from CNA Insurance where he held the role of underwriting consulting director, focused on technology E&O, cyber, professional & media liability.
- Amanda Gorski, based in Chicago, joined Coalition from AIG where she was an underwriter focusing on cyber, management professional liability and technology.
- Jeff Kalustian, based in Boston, joined Coalition from AIG where he was an assistant regional underwriting manager responsible for the growth, profitability, services and maintenance of financial lines products including cyber, professional liability E&O, and media liability.
- Kelly McGuinness, based in Toronto, joined Coalition from Markel Canada’s Cyber and Professional Liability team as lead underwriter.
- Ross Warren, based in Atlanta, joined Coalition as a risk engineer in 2019, and was recently promoted to production underwriter. Before joining Coalition, he was an executive underwriter at Westchester, a Chubb company, focusing on E&O, cyber and technology.
Coalition is a provider of cyber insurance and security and serves more than 27,000 customers. In the past year, Coalition has expanded to provide insurance to larger middle market organizations greater than $100 million in annual revenues.
Sources: AXIS Re, Coalition