Ironshore promoted one of its executives; JLT appointed a former Willis exec to a key U.S. role; Chubb fleshed out the management for its risk management services arm.
Ironshore Inc.’s Specialty Casualty unit promoted Merle Shapiro to be product line manager for public entity lines.
In her new role, Shapiro will be tasked with expanding Ironshore’s public entity practice, and building on its platform of serving municipal and state governmental units, special public facilities, school districts and higher educational institutions.
Shapiro’s new role at Ironshore follows a stint of more than five years as assistant product line manager. She’ll be based in Ironshore’s San Francisco office and report to Kevin Whitehead, chief underwriting officer of the Specialty Casualty unit.
JLT Specialty USA appointed a former Willis executive to be senior vice president and construction risk leader in its U.S. Construction practice.
Jeff Segall will work with JLT’s team to develop coverages for global construction products such as power stations, infrastructure development, office blocks and sports stadiums.
Segall was previously at Willis as senior vice president of the National Construction Practice and Florida Construction Practice leader. Before Willis, he was vice president of both Excess & Surplus Lines and Construction at CNA.
JLT Specialty USA is a subsidiary of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc.
Chubb named an expanded leadership team that will run ESIS, Inc., its risk management services arm.
Joe Vasquez, as previously announced, will serve as ESIS division president and report to Chris Maleno, Division President, Chubb Major Accounts.
Executives reporting to Vasquez will include:
- Patty McCall, senior vice president focused on growth and profitability of ESIS’ workers compensation and liability claims service business.
- Keith Higdon, senior vice president, client services, who focus on refining ESIS’ client services mission and service delivery discipline.
- Mark Hursh, senior vice president and chief operations officer.
- Sam Terzich, senior vice president, will continue as leader of ESIS ProClaim.
- Stephen Craig, vice president, will still lead ESIS Health, Safety, and Environmental Services.
- Frank Murray, senior vice president, will continue to lead the ESIS claims field organization.
- Paul Holden, chief information officer, will stay on as leader of the ESIS technology and analytics teams.
- Sonja Teague, assistant vice president, will continue leading development of ESIS’ Integrated Disability Management Practice.
Sources: Ironshore, JLT, Chubb