AXIS Capital Holdings appointed a new leader of divisions that handle business in Ireland. Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Company expanded its leadership team in Dubai with a number of executive and leadership hires. A veteran executive is joining the board of directors at The Hanover Insurance Group.
AXIS Capital Holdings appointed Helen O’Sullivan as CEO of AXIS Specialty Europe SE and AXIS Re SE.
In this role, she will oversee the company’s Irish subsidiaries and their branches. O’Sullivan also will join the board of directors of AXIS Capital’s Irish subsidiaries as an executive director.
O’Sullivan will continue to be based in Dublin and provide support and advice on tax matters. She succeeds Tim Hennessy, who was named chief financial officer of the International Division for AXIS Insurance. Hennessy remains a director of AXIS Specialty Europe SE and AXIS Re SE.
Previously, O’Sullivan was deputy global tax director at AXIS, where she helped build and execute a sophisticated finance, compliance and international tax strategy. Before joining AXIS, she held positions at Bank of Ireland and Chapman Flood Mazars Chartered Accountants.
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company said it has expanded its leadership team in Dubai with the appointment of executives to fill key product line and service posts.
The BHSI appointees include:
- Aisling Malone as head of Executive & Professional Lines. Malone was previously head of Professional Liability Cyber MENA and senior underwriter at AIG MEA Limited. Malone is joined by Joe Saab, senior underwriter.
- Emir Erdur, head of Casualty. He was previously Casualty leader and regional underwriter of Casualty for the MEA region at QBE Insurance (Europe) Limited. Erdur is joined by Mohammed Hannoun, senior underwriting manager.
- Carlos Beltran, head of Commercial Property. Beltran was previously regional vice president, P&C Underwriting at Chubb Latin America.
- Meenakshi Srinath, head of Marine. Before BHSI, Srinath was head of Marine (Gulf and KSA) at AXA Insurance Gulf.
- Kapil Palathinkal is head of Energy and Construction. Palathinkal was most recently the Energy & Engineered risk manager for the Arabian Hub at AIG. Palathinkal is joined by Anuradha Sekar, senior underwriter.
- Pruthviraj More, senior risk engineer. More joins BHSI from Allianz Global Corporate Specialty, where he was a property loss control engineer.
- John Lewis, head of Claims. Lewis was previously head of Claims at Zurich Insurance DIFC Dubai.
The Hanover Insurance Group said that Kathleen Lane has been elected to the company’s board of directors, effective immediately.
Lane has more than 30 years of professional experience in information technology, including serving as the chief information officer with three public companies.
Over the course of her career, Lane has held senior roles at several Fortune 500 companies. Most recently, she served as executive vice president and chief information officer at The TJX Companies Inc. Before joining TJX, Lane was group chief information officer at National Grid. In addition, she served as chief information officer at the Gillette Company, GE Oil & Gas and GE Vendor Financial Services. She also served as director, technology services of Pepsi Cola International and began her career at The Procter & Gamble Company.
Sources: AXIS Capital Holdings Ltd., BHSI, The Hanover Insurance Group