Validus Holdings Ltd. made a number of executive appointments following a reorganization into three major divisions. The Hartford named one of its executives to lead Personal Lines.
Validus Holdings Ltd. made three executive appointments following a reorganization that creates three, new reportable divisions: Reinsurance, Insurance and Asset Management.
- Kean Driscoll is now global head of Reinsurance, in addition to his roles as president of Validus Holdings Ltd. and chief executive officer of Validus Reinsurance Ltd.
- Peter Bilsby will be the new global head of Insurance, in addition to his role as chief executive officer of the Talbot Group.
- Lixin Zeng was named global head of Asset Management, in addition to his role as chief executive officer of AlphaCat Managers Ltd.
Validus additionally announced the following further leadership changes in the Insurance segment as Validus continues to focus on building out its U.S. Insurance platform, a key part of the company’s global strategy:
- Bob Livingston was named chairman of Western World Insurance Group Inc., in addition to his role as chief executive officer of Western World Insurance Group Inc.
- Jonathan Ritz was named president of Western World Insurance Group Inc., in addition to his role as chief executive officer of Validus Specialty.
The Hartford named Stephanie Bush as its new head of Personal Lines.
Bush, who has led Small Commercial since July 2014, will continue in that role as well. As head of Personal Lines, she replaces Ray Sprague, who is retiring after a 30-year career with The Hartford.
In both roles, Bush will report to The Hartford’s President, Doug Elliot.
Bush returned to The Hartford in 2013 as chief product and underwriting officer for Small Commercial, and was promoted to head of the business in 2014. Before coming back to The Hartford, Bush was senior vice president of management in personal insurance at Travelers.
Prior to Travelers, Bush worked at The Hartford for 20 years in positions of increasing responsibility in commercial insurance product, underwriting and field operations.
Bush is also on the board of directors of the National Council on Compensation Insurance.
Source: Validus Holdings Ltd., The Hartford