Everest Insurance added a number of new executives in its retail, wholesale and inland marine areas. JLT’s U.S. arm hired a former Marsh & McLennan executive tasked with business development in a few crucial areas.
Everest Insurance has expanded its property underwriting team with a number of key executive hires in the retail, wholesale and inland marine areas.
New members with Everest’s Wholesale Property team:
- Patrick Mulready, as vice president based in Boston. He has 10 years of property underwriting experience, having held various roles at Lexington Insurance, where he was most recently a property unit manager overseeing a significant wholesale property portfolio.
- Helena Meirhino, as underwriting manager, also based in Boston. She joins from Zurich Insurance, where she was most recently a senior underwriter specializing in large account property. She brings to Everest 15 years of industry experience that includes multiline and multisegment underwriting roles at both CNA and Allianz.
- Lauren Valencia, as a senior property underwriter, based in Boston. Valencia joins the team from Allied World Assurance Co., where she was most recently a senior underwriter in property. She worked at Connecticut Underwriters Inc. prior to joining AWAC.
Joining the Everest Retail Property team:
- Victor Pena, as vice president of the Central region, based out of Chicago, where he will lead all phases of growth efforts in the region. Pena was previously with CNA, where he served as the underwriting director of the Northern zone. Prior to that, he held various roles at Travelers Insurance.
- Mark Baroni, as a vice president in the East region. Baroni joins Everest from Axis, where he was a vice president handling the primary, excess and facultative property in the national and middle-market segments. He has 19 years of insurance experience; prior to his 14 years at Axis, he was at CNA and St. Paul Companies, where he focused on catastrophe modeling and large account business.
Joining the Everest Inland Marine team:
- Victor Twardowski, as associate manager based in Chicago. He was previously with CNA, most recently as an inland marine underwriting specialist responsible for Kansas and Missouri.
- Tyler James, as manager in the inland marine division, also based in Chicago. James joins Everest from Arthur J. Gallagher, where he was with Gallagher’s construction practice in the Midwest region, specializing in program opportunities for construction industry associations. Before Arthur J. Gallagher, he held various roles at CNA, most recently overseeing the Chicago inland marine territory.
JLT Specialty USA is bringing on a former Marsh & McLennan executive to help grow segments of its Financial Institutions practice.
David Turner joins the U.S. subsidiary of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc as a vice president. As part of JLT’s Financial Institutions practice, he’ll focus on business development of investment managers and private equity firms.
At Marsh & McLennan, Turner was a vice president responsible for initiating and cultivating new client relationships with senior executives in the financial institution industry.
JLT has focused on expanding in the U.S around specific industry and product specialties. The company offers insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services.
Sources: Everest Insurance, JLT Specialty USA