ACE Limited, mapping out logistics of its planned $28 billion Chubb acquisition, will combine several divisions from both companies into a new North America excess and surplus lines wholesale business.
The division will be called Westchester, a Chubb company, and include wholesale business written at present by ACE Westchester, ACE Commercial Risk Services, Custom Chubb Market, Chubb Specialty Insurance and Chubb Commercial Insurance. Westchester becomes a going concern after the merger closes in the 2016 first quarter.
The combined company will keep the Chubb name.
Who will lead Westchester? That would be Bruce Kessler, announced in September as senior vice president of the post-merger Chubb Group and division president of Westchester. Right now, Kessler is division president of ACE Westchester and ACE’s E&S specialty company in North America. His new mission will be to integrate the E&S, small commercial and programs business within ACE and Chubb, with a focus on the company’s wholesale distribution partners.
Kessler will report to John Lupica, the previously announced post-merger vice chairman of the new Chubb Group and president, North America major accounts and specialty insurance.
Westchester, meanwhile, will continue its focus on the property, casualty, professional risk, inland marine, environmental and product recall lines of businesses for wholesale distribution partners.
Here’s who will be leading those individual businesses under Kessler’s leadership:
- Bob Meyer will lead property and inland marine. He is currently division president, ACE Westchester Property.
- Dean Andrighetto will lead the casualty business. Andrighetto is currently division president, ACE Westchester Casualty.
- Joseph Casey will lead professional risk. Casey is division president, ACE Westchester Professional Risk. Casey will also report to Scott Meyer, the previously announced president, North America Professional Lines.
- Rob Owens will lead environmental. Owens is currently senior vice president, ACE Westchester Environmental.
- Florian Beerli will lead the product recall business. Beerli is senior vice president, ACE Westchester Product Recall.
Source: ACE Group