XL Catlin updated one of its coverages offered within its North American Environmental Unit. The Hanover Insurance Group beefed up its Architects and Engineers Advantage professional liability product.
XL Catlin’s North American Environmental Unit updated its professional and pollution insurance for contractors and environmental consultants.
The changes added more comprehensive protection to help clients take advantage of the business opportunities in the growing construction and environmental services industries.
Among the new additions to XL Catlin’s professional and pollution insurance for contractors and environmental consultants:
- Green building materials expense for use of green building materials in the restoration of property damaged as a result of a pollution condition.
- Rectification expense to correct actual damages or prevent potential damages resulting from negligent acts, errors or omissions in covered professional services in an effort to correct issues in real time that may arise on a project. This helps avoid or reduce third-party claims and costly litigation.
- Protective loss coverage that provides indemnity for protective loss, in excess of the design professional’s (DP) insurance, resulting from a negligent act, error or omission in DP services. Gives additional protection to insureds when their subcontracted DP limits of liability are inadequate or eroded.
The Hanover Insurance Group beefed up its Architects and Engineers Advantage professional liability product.
These added specialized coverages offer enhanced protection against the financial impact of claims or lawsuits resulting from allegations of negligence, malpractice, or errors and omissions, especially as new technological innovations and efficiencies continue to be used.
Among the supplemental endorsements:
- Remediation expense to cover expenses incurred to remediate a design error when a firm is performing its services in a design-build or design-only capacity.
- Withheld client fee assistance to cover a portion of a fee due for a firm’s professional services being withheld by a client, even if a lawsuit is not filed.
- Reputation protection expense to cover costs incurred for crisis management consulting services following a reputation event.
- Cyber privacy, security and media liability coverage to cover the expense of responding to claims of wrongful acts in the rendering of or the failure to render professional services, resulting in a privacy, security or cyber media breach.
Sources: XL Catlin, The Hanover Insurance Group