A new CNA blog item offers a number of tips for businesses to strengthen their management of cyber risks. Written by CNA’s David Hallstrom, director of Information Risk Insurance, the write-up encourages businesses to:
- Perform a risk assessment to identify system vulnerabilities and understand how their data is managed and secured.
- Develop a communication and training strategy for everyone who helps manage cyber risks at the company.
- Know their vendors and take reasonable steps to ensure they are able to protect your sensitive information.
- Address portable devices and make sure they are encrypted if they end up lost or stolen.
- Make sure they have proper insurance coverage to address potential security breaches.