Newark, Calif.catastrophe-risk management firm RMS announced that its Exceedance 2014 event will take place next week in Washington, D.C., with keynote speakers that include the first chief information officer for the United States.
In addition to Vivek Kundra, the first CIO of the U.S. and chair of the World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on the Future of the Internet, keynote speakers include Trevor Maynard, and from Dr. Solomon Hsaing, climate risk expert and U.C. Berkeley professor of public policy.
In addition to these experts, keynoters will also include Hemant Shah, RMS co-founder and CEO, and Robert Muir-Wood, chief research officer at RMS.
More than 1,000 people are expected to attend the event, which will take place on April 14 to 17 at the Gaylord National Resort and Conference Center in Washington, D.C.
A 20 percent discount is available to readers who enter the code EXC14-PR1 when registering.
With 20 speakers from more than 15 companies including Aon Benfield, Aspen, Guy Carpenter, Lloyd’s, Munich Re, SCOR and Willis Re, attendees will be able to learn from and interact with their peers.
Exceedance 2014 Sessions
With more than 70 sessions and labs, including tracks dedicated to RMS model science and strategy, RMS LifeRisks and capital markets solutions, brokers’ special sessions and the industry’s first developer track, attendees can participate in interactive sessions, hands-on training with new technology, live demos and networking opportunities.
Attendees can choose to attend sessions from the following tracks:
- The Real Business Value of RMS(one)
- Best Practices in Adopting RMS(one)
- RMS Model Science & Strategy
- RMS Catastrophe Modeling Fundamentals
- RMS(one) Hands-on Workshops
- Owning Your Risk on RMS(one)
- RMS LifeRisks Solutions
- Capital Markets Solutions
- The Lab
- RMS(one) Developer Workshop
- Brokers’ Special Sessions
Exceedance 2014 for Developers
For the first time, Exceedance 2014 will include sessions and events specifically for developers on April 15:
. The RMS(one) Model Development Kit (MDK) and RMS(one) Application Programming Interface (API) to the RMS(one) Developer Network™ on April 15, 2014 in conjunction with the general availability of RMS(one).
• Exceedance Developer Breakout Sessions, where they will learn about the RMS(one) Developer Network, the RMS(one) Application Programming Interface, and how to create and host custom models on RMS(one).
• Exceedance Developer Hands-On Sessions, to work with the RMS(one) Model Development Kit and API.
• RMS(one) Hackathon, to learn how to leverage the RMS(one) API to integrate with applications, tools and services, experiment with the API and demonstrate early “proof of concepts” and progress.
Exceedance 2014 Activities and Registration
Exceedance 2014 will kick off with at 5K run/walk to benefit Build Change, which works to build earthquake resistant homes in developing countris.