BrokerTech Ventures (BTV), the industry’s first broker-led investor group and accelerator program, has selected 12 InsurTech startups to take part in its 2021 accelerator curriculum.
- Aclaimant in Chicago, Ill.
- altumAI in Chicago, Ill.
- Aureus Analytics in Hartford, Conn.
- Fenris in Richmond, Va.
- HealthLucid in Fremont, Calif.
- Layr, Atlanta in Ga.
- Malum Terminus Technologies Inc. in Coralville, Iowa
- Propeller Inc. in Houston, Texas
- Relativity 6 in Cambridge, Mass.
- RxLive Inc. in St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Socialeads in Milwaukee, Wisc.
- Surfly in Amsterdam, Netherlands
The accelerator cohort begins March 1 in a virtual format for the five-week curriculum. During this time, the startups will advance their technologies, accelerate their progress through a select mentor network, receive $50,000 in seed funding and gain immediate access to BTV’s multibillion-dollar distribution platform to deploy the technologies.
Founded in 2019, Des Moines, Iowa-based BrokerTech Ventures represents 13 of the largest independently owned insurance agencies and 11 of the largest insurance companies in North America, with a combined multibillion dollars in annual distribution capacity.
BTV also recently announced its engagement with InsurTech Israel and Ayalon Insurance Company to partner in deploying The Israeli Insurtech Accelerator, headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel. The company said additional international accelerator engagements in Latin America and Europe are under review for deployment in 2021.
Source: BrokerTech Ventures