Progressive said it plans to hire as many as 8,000 new employees nationally in 2020 to help propel continued growth in auto, property, commercial lines and recreational products insurance.
Hiring will take place at more than 250 locations across the country, the property/casualty insurance carrier said. The largest number of positions available are at Progressive locations in Florida, Ohio and Austin, Texas.
Here is a breakdown of the approximate number of positions expected to be filled at larger Progressive locations throughout the year.
- Austin, Texas– 900 (customer sales, service, claims representatives, bilingual Spanish sales and customer service)
- Cleveland, Ohio– 1,500 (customer sales, service, multiproduct sales, claims representatives, marketing, legal, IT, business analysis and more)
- Colorado Springs, Colo.– 500 (customer sales, service, IT)
- Phoenix, Ariz.– 180 (customer sales, service, bilingual Spanish customer sales and service, and claims representatives)
- Sacramento, Calif.– 80 (customer service, bilingual Spanish customer sales and service)
- Tampa, Fla.– 1,000 (customer sales, service, multiproduct sales, claims representatives, bilingual Spanish sales and customer service)
- Petersburg, Fla./ Nashville, Tenn.– 270 (property claims, property customer service, IT)
More than half the jobs are based at larger Progressive campuses across the United States, with others located in Progressive field claims offices nationally. Across the country, the company is hoping to fill around 4,500 field claims roles, including claims adjuster trainees and claims adjusters in auto damage, bodily injury and rideshare functions.
There are also nearly 400 work-from-home positions available in select locations for inbound sales positions.
New hires are eligible to participate in the company’s annual bonus plan. Progressive also offers eligible employees medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits, as well as four weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads – including same-sex partners, adoptive parents and foster parents. Dedicated to employees’ professional success, Progressive also provides extensive training programs and career development resources.