Zurich’s continued push to streamline operations continues with news that the newly-formed unit combining its former North America Commercial Markets and Global Corporate arms has a formal name, and newly-designated execs to run its divisions.
Zurich North America calls the combined operation its North America Commercial Insurance Unit. As Zurich disclosed in November, this new unit brings together the former Commercial Markets and the former Global Corporate in North America units, simplifying the organization to provide a single point of entry for commercial customers.
Paul Horgan leads the new unit, with the title of head of North America Commercial Insurance. Horgan reports to Mike Foley, CEO of Zurich North America and James Shea, CEO of Commercial Insurance globally for Zurich.
The idea, he said in prepared remarks, is for the new unit to service and support multinational customers, but also deliver products and services to middle-market customers. North America Commercial Insurance will be aligned into four business segments: Property, Casualty, Construction and Middle Markets. The North America Commercial Insurance team, effective immediately, reporting to Horgan includes the following members:
- Richard Montminy, the new head of Property, is a 25-year insurance industry veteran. He joined Zurich in 2015 as the East Regional Manager of Property. He most recently held the position of head of Property for Zurich Global Corporate in North America. Montminy is based in New York.
- Brandon Fick, named head of Casualty, has 20 years of insurance industry experience. Previously, Fick was head of Casualty for Zurich Global Corporate in North America. Fick joined Zurich in 1999 as an underwriting manager, and has held a variety of underwriting and management roles both at Zurich and AIG. Fick is based in Philadelphia.
- Marcus Cooper, head of Middle Markets, has nearly 20 years of insurance industry experience. He most recently served as the regional leader for the South Region in the Commercial Markets unit of Zurich North America. Before joining Zurich in 2007, he held various leadership positions at AIG and Crum & Forster. Cooper is based in Schaumburg, Ill.
- Scott Rasor, head of Construction, has more than 30 years of insurance industry experience. He’ll continue in his previous role, setting the strategy and direction for the products and services Zurich North America provides to construction customers in the U.S. and Canada. Rasor is based in Schaumburg, Ill.
- David Levinson, president and chief agent Zurich Canada, has been with Zurich for over 20 years, holding various senior leadership positions at Zurich North America. He most recently was regional leader for the West Region in the Commercial Markets unit of Zurich North America. Before joining Zurich, he was a senior manager in Audit Practice at KPMG in the greater New York City area. Levinson will be based in Toronto.
- Thomas Fioretti, chief risk engineering officer, has more than 20 years of insurance industry experience. He’ll continue in his previous role, handling the ongoing development and delivery of Risk Engineering’s risk management and loss prevention services. Fioretti is based in New York.
Source: Zurich North America