Being successful is all about how badly you want it and how much you’re willing to work for it. It takes purpose, creativity, determination and a lot of hard work.
In a new blog post, Sonia McDonald, CEO and founder of executive coaching firm LeadershipHQ, shares seven traits of highly successful people:
- They have a purpose. Successful people figure out what they’re meant to do in life and build their goals toward that purpose. They visualize themselves achieving those goals and keep their purpose in mind when they encounter problems and setbacks. They clarify their personal values and use them to guide decision-making.
- They know that knowledge is the backbone of success. Successful people are very open-minded and eager to learn. They are always studying something new, constantly asking questions so they can find out more information.
- They work on themselves. Successful people don’t just acknowledge their personal flaws; they fix them. They continuously work to improve their personalities, leadership skills, management skills, etc.
- They’re extraordinarily creative. Successful people question the status quo and change things that are too consistent. They go around asking, “Why not?” They see new possibilities and opportunities where others see problems.
- They’re self-reliant and take responsibility. Successful people don’t worry about blame, they don’t make excuses, and they don’t waste time complaining. They take the initiative, make decisions and move on.
- They live in the present. Successful people know that “now” is the only time they can control. While these people learn from the past and anticipate the future, they concentrate their efforts on excelling in the present.
- They never quit. Successful people love challenges and are willing to fight to achieve their goals.
See the full post: “Qualities of Highly Successful People.”