Catastrophe reinsurer RenaissanceRe is hosting approximately 150 leading environmentalists, policymakers, scientists and insurance industry experts at a forum to discuss the recovery of lower Manhattan and the lessons learned since Superstorm Sandy.
The “New York Recovery & Resilience Leadership Forum,” to be held June 2 at the New York Stock Exchange, will include panel discussions and keynote speeches from powerful figures in government and the environmental community.
Among those attending:
- John M. Huff, director of the Missouri Department of Insurance, Financial Institutions & Professional Registration and president of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
- Julie Rochman, president and CEO of the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety.
- Stephen Weinstein, group general counsel at RenaissanceRe and chairman of RenaissanceRe Risk Sciences Foundation.
- Bradley Kading, president and executive director of the Association of Bermuda Insurers and Reinsurers.
- Bermuda Premier Michael Dunkley.
- Thomas Farley, president of NYSE Group at International Exchange Inc.
- Katherine Greig, deputy director at the NYC Mayor’s Office of Recovery & Resiliency.
- Samantha Medlock, senior advisor at the White House Office of Management and Budget.
- New York Senator Charles E. Schumer (invited).
A full copy of the forum’s agenda can be downloaded here.