PartnerRe Ltd. announced that it will split its Global Non-Life Operations into two separate units—one dedicated to mature markets and the other to high-growth markets.
Both teams will report directly to Emmanuel Clarke, CEO PartnerRe Global.
As a result of this change:
- Christophe Renia, Head of Credit & Surety, Global Specialty Lines, has been promoted to the new position of Head of Mature Markets, P&C. Renia joined PartnerRe in 2009.
- Salvatore Orlando, Head of P&C Mediterranean Europe, Middle East, Africa and Latin America, has been promoted to the new position of Head of High Growth Markets. Orlando joined PartnerRe in 1998.
In addition, the company announced several new appointments:
- Scott Altstadt, Chief Underwriting Officer for P&C Global, has been promoted to Chief Underwriting Officer for all Global business units. He will report to Emmanuel Clarke, CEO PartnerRe Global. Altstadt joined PartnerRe in 2001.
- Patrick Chevrel, Head of Specialty Property Lines, has been promoted to head the newly formed Global Accounts team, which will focus on providing holistic reinsurance solutions to the Company’s largest worldwide clients. Chevrel will co-report to Emmanuel Clarke, CEO PartnerRe Global, and Tad Walker, CEO PartnerRe North America. Chevrel joined PartnerRe in 1997.
- Alain Flandrin, Head of Property & Casualty, will relocate to Singapore to lead the Company’s growing Asia Pacific platform. Flandrin joined PartnerRe in 2002.
The changes will take effect on May 1, 2013.