In late December, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Institute for Legal Reform announced its list of the Top 10 Most Ridiculous Lawsuits of 2012:
Executive SummaryA Florida driver, who pleaded guilty to manslaughter and then sued the victims of the crash he caused, also has the distinction of filing the most ridiculous lawsuit in 2012.
- Intoxicated Florida driver pleads guilty to manslaughter, then sues victim he killed
- Michigan woman files $5 million suit for the leftover gas still in her repossessed car
- 13-year-old Little Leaguer sued by spectator who got hit with baseball
- Maximum security inmate who went to jail with five teeth sues prison for dental problems
- Anheuser Busch sued when longneck bottle used as weapon in bar fight
- National Football League fan sues Dallas Cowboys over hot bench
- California restaurateur sued disabilities act violations in parking lot he doesn’t own
- Colorado man wins $7 million blaming illness on inhaling microwave popcorn fumes
- $1.7 billion suit claims City of Santa Monica wireless parking meters causing health problems
- Bay Area parents sue school after their son was kicked out of honors class for cheating
What in the world is the intoxicated driver of lawsuit No. 1 suing for? According to a Florida press report, pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life and the medical bills he got as a result of a crash he pleaded guilty. (Tampa Bay Times, Jan. 14, 2012)...