2017 MarshBerry Organic Growth Trends Report
The goal of MarshBerry’s 2017 Organic Growth Study is to identify organic growth trends, as well as to provide insight into the relationship between talent acquisition and sales performance management and determine any differences between “high growth” and the “average” of all responding agencies.
2017 findings include:
- The West and the Southwest regions experienced the highest economic growth compared with other regions in the U.S. and outperformed the nation as a whole
- With a steady but moderate growth in the market, a number of agencies are pushing towards niche and industry specialization
- Producers under 40 years old generated 32% of new business for the average agency
- When measuring the performance of new producers, average agencies focus more on commission dollars sold but not on the activity that will eventually drive the commission dollars sold
- Over 90% of agencies that have greater than $20 million in revenue assign mentors to new producers
The four core chapters offer a market overview and outlook comparing average and high growth agencies.
Charts in each section provide information on:
- Growth trends
- Organic growth strategies
- Staff & productivity
- Producer development and performance measurement