The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners has compiled detailed information about occupational fraud* into five critical areas:
- The methods by which occupational fraud is committed
- The means by which occupational frauds are detected
- The characteristics of the organizations that are victimized by occupational fraud
- The characteristics of the people who commit occupational fraud
- The results of the cases after the frauds have been detected and the perpetrators identified
*Occupational fraud—fraud committed against the organization by its own officers, directors, or employees—constitutes an attack against the organization from within, by the very people who were entrusted to protect its assets and resources.
This 80-page report is based upon the analysis of 2,690 cases of occupational fraud occurring between January 2016 and October of 2017, across 125 countries and 23 industries.
We thank ACFE for sharing the 10th edition of The Report to Nations with our audience.