This guide explores the Certificate of Insurance information and questions that you must consider.
You will learn:
- What is a certificate of insurance
- How does a COI respond to contractual risk transfer
- How should additional insureds be listed
- How should certificate holders be listed
- Adding & altering wording on the COI
- Does the COI affect coverage
- What is a memorandum of coverage/insurance
- Who should be involved in issuing a COI
This webinar transcript is presented by Chris Boggs of the Big “I” Virtual University.
Executive Director, Big I Virtual University
Chris Boggs is the Executive Director of the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America (Big “I”) Virtual University. His current duties involve researching, writing, and teaching property and casualty insurance coverages and concepts to Big “I” members and others in the insurance industry. During his career, Boggs has authored more than 1,000 insurance and risk management-related articles on a wide range of topics as diverse as Credit Default Swaps, the MCS-90, and enterprise risk management. In addition to this, Boggs has written 15 insurance and risk management books.