The Artificial Intelligence Index Report tracks, collates, distills, and visualizes data relating to artificial intelligence, enabling decision-makers to take meaningful action to advance AI responsibly and ethically with humans in mind.
Top takeaways include:
- Demand for AI-related professional skills is increasing across virtually every American industrial sector.
- AI is both helping and harming the environment.
- The misuse of AI is rapidly rising.
- Proportion of companies adopting AI has plateaued.
- Companies that adopted AI continue to pull ahead.
- Policymaker interest in AI is on the rise.
- The world’s best new scientist … AI?
The AI Index is an independent initiative at the Stanford Institute for Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence (HAI), led by the AI Index Steering Committee, an interdisciplinary group of experts from across academia and industry. A special thanks to HAI for making this important report available to our audiences.