What determines a Super Regional?
To determine the companies for the 2019 Super Regional Property/Casualty Insurer™ list, these specific, objective qualifying criteria and thresholds were evaluated as of Dec. 31, 2018:
- Active, individual companies reporting data using the property/ casualty annual statement format
- At least $1 million of direct premium written in each of two to 34 states
- Less than 90 percent of direct premium written in any one state
- Less than 90 percent of direct premium written in any one line of business
- Policyholders surplus of at least $100 million
- Net premium written of at least $50 million
- Direct premium written of at least $25 million
Demotech Inc. analyzed year-end 2018 data reported to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners to classify and stratify insurers in order to arrive at this year’s list.
Download your copy today!