View this article online: https://www.carriermanagement.com/news/2018/03/14/176688.htm
Starr Companies Reorganizes Casualty Business Units
Starr Companies said it is making a number of organizational changes within its Casualty business units in a bid to boost efficiency and service.
“This new structure will allow for greater synergies within and among the various business units to enable Starr Companies to provide the best coverage and service solutions to our clients,” stated Steve Blakey, president and chief executive officer.
The global insurance and investment outfit said that the new structure aligns its underwriting expertise and risk management products in the liability marketplace.
Here are the changes:
- Financial Lines and Professional Liability are consolidating, and Senior Vice President Brian Inselberg will lead the combined operation. He’ll assume responsibilities for Political Risk and Crisis Management.
- Dan Conway, executive vice president, will oversee Energy, Environmental, Transportation and Warranty. He will also act as special adviser for Construction and the General Casualty lines. All Energy lines are consolidated under the leadership of Carmella Capitano, vice president.
- Kevin McCracken got a promotion to senior vice president. He will continue to manage Defense Base Act while assuming responsibility for Risk Management, Commercial General Casualty, Excess Casualty, and a soon-to-be-formed Mergers & Acquisitions profit center led by Nina Huffman, vice president.
- Primary and Excess Construction are consolidating under the leadership of Andy Robinson, senior vice president.
- Rob Cruz, senior vice president, will maintain leadership of Distribution, Field Operations and will assume management of Small Business.
Source: Starr Companies