View this article online: https://www.carriermanagement.com/news/2018/02/05/175284.htm
Safety National Revamps Executive Team With Focus on New Growth
Safety National Casualty Corp. said that it is revamping much of its executive team in order to help support new growth at the carrier.
The Missouri-based company provides coverage in areas including excess workers compensation, deductible casualty, loss portfolio transfers and reinsurance.
“This management restructure is a clear result of Safety National’s dedicated commitment to meeting the evolving needs of our customers and positions us nicely for long-term growth,” CEO Mark Wilhelm said in prepared remarks.
He said the anticipated changes are designed to leverage expertise already at the company in order to help Safety expand its coverage and boost its service offerings while maintaining its “relationship-based approach to business and top-tier customer services” philosophy.
Here are Safety National’s announced executive leadership changes:
- Gene Maier, executive vice president and chief underwriting officer, will retire after 33-years with Safety National. Maier has worked in various underwriting capacities at Safety National, and currently leads and supervises the company’s insurance and reinsurance underwriting for all lines of business.
- Gus Aivaliotis, senior vice president, Large Casualty, will join the executive management team and replace Maier as executive vice president and chief underwriting officer. In his new role, he’ll oversee the insurance underwriting and product development departments as well as the company’s excess and surplus division.
- Tom Grove, senior vice president, Business Development, will join the executive management team as executive vice president and chief business development officer. He’ll be responsible for the business development, risk services and communications departments.
- Ray Harkins, senior vice president, Treaty Reinsurance, will become executive vice president and chief underwriting officer of Reinsurance, leading all assumed reinsurance business within the organization.
- Seth Smith, senior vice president, Workers Compensation, Underwriting, will become executive vice president, underwriting, becoming head of all other insurance underwriting units within the organization.
- Nick Kriegel, vice president, deputy general counsel, will become senior vice president, general counsel, overseeing the legal, corporate compliance and human resources departments.
All new positions are effective as of April 1, 2018.
Source: Safety National Casualty Corp.