This article is part of Carrier Management’s series on the Future of Insurance.
Q: What major changes do you see on the horizon for the property/casualty insurance industry in the next 10 years? What will insurance companies, insurance leaders, the industry and its workforce look like in the next decade? What risks will they insure?
Wolfe (Swiss Re): Technology is changing every part of our economy—and insurance is no exception. InsurTech ideas are taking hold with partnerships in the existing insurance and reinsurance community, and we are supporting these efforts. Data science is rapidly becoming a core skillset that we need more of in the industry. That means folks without skills in data mining or analysis will likely be at a disadvantage in five years.
Cyber insurance will also continue to grow at a steep pace. Getting a handle on emerging risks is key, along with access to a response infrastructure after an incident (forensics, crisis PR, legal support for incoming suits, etc.).
Q: How will insurance products and services be distributed?
Read more Future Insights by person
- Mike Albert, Co-Founder, Ask Kodiak
- Tim Attia, CEO and Co-Founder, Slice Labs, Inc.
- Arun Balakrishnan, CEO, Xceedance
- Ilya Bodner, CEO, Bold Penguin
- Bobby Bowden, Executive Vice President, Chief Distribution and Marketing Officer, Allied World
- Andy Breen, Senior Vice President, Digital, Argo Group
- Adam Cassady, CEO, Tyche Risk
- Chris Cheatham, CEO, RiskGenius
- Trent Cooksley, Head of Open Innovation, Markel Corporation
- Mike Foley, CEO, Zurich North America
- Guy Goldstein, Co-Founder and CEO, Next Insurance
- Mike Greene, CEO & Co-Founder, Hi Marley
- Brian Hemesath, Managing Director, Global Insurance Accelerator
- Russell Johnston, CEO, QBE North America
- Dr. Henna Karna, Managing Director and Chief Data Officer, XL Catlin
- Tony Kuczinski, President and CEO of Munich Re, US
- Rashmi Melgiri, Co-Founder, CoverWallet
- David W. Miles, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, ManchesterStory Group
- Pranav Pasricha, CEO, Intellect SEEC
- Mike Pritula, President, RMS
- Kathleen Reardon, CEO, Hamilton Re
- Jeff Richardson, Senior Vice President, OneBeacon Insurance Group
- Vikram Sidhu, Partner, Clyde & Co
- Christopher Swift, CEO, The Hartford
- Rebecca Wheeling Purcell, Schedule It
- Keith Wolfe, President US P/C—Regional and National, Swiss Re
Get the responses of all 26 leaders neatly packaged in single PDF download. More than 43 pages of content.